Monday, January 4, 2010

5 W's

WHO is the team to beat in the NFC. Each team has question marks coming in. My personal opinion is that we'll see Minnesota going to New Orleans for the NFC Championship. But if Green Bay beats Arizona, I think we'll host the NFC Championship game, with the Packers coming to town. Everyone is jumping on the Cowboys bandwagon. The thought of the Cowboys coming to the Metrodome doesn't worry me at all.

WHAT was the deal with the Cincinatti Bearcats. This team bitched and whined about not being able to play for a national championship. They should apologize after giving up nearly 700 yards to the Florida Gators in the Sugar Bowl. What an embarrassment that was. I watched the game, and those teams weren't in the same class. Cincinatti set the Big East back, very similar to what Ohio State did a few years ago. No one from the Big East is going to bitch about not getting a chance to play for a National Championship for a while.

WHERE is the next NHL outdoor classic going to be held. Talking to Minnesotans they seem to believe we're owed one. But I'm sure the people in New York, Montreal, Toronto, Denver, Vancouver, etc. all feel the same way. The NHL cares more about marketing than who the state of hockey is. The problem with the Wild is they don't have a lot of big name players, or a really big rival.

WHY did Adam James allow Mike Leach to put him in an electrical closet? Here is a 21 year old, 6'3, 215 pound guy being put in a closet. I think if I were that size, I might take one look in the closet and make a decision. I don't know all the details, but I know that there isn't another man that can stick me in a closet, without a weapon, or something like that.

WHEN are Brent Burns and Pierre Marc Buchard coming back for the Wild. I mean these guys have missed the majority of the season with concussions. Ben Roethlisberger gets a concussion nearly every week and he still plays. I understand that hockey is a violent and physical sport, but it's been 4 months now for Buchard?

No comments: