Friday, March 13, 2009

DAY #1 at the tourny

WOW!!!!!
What the hell happened yesterday. Don't ever start drinking at 9:30AM. What a nightmare. Let's take a stroll down memory lane. Well what I remember at least. This was the first year my dad didn't go on Thursday in my lifetime. Boy was it different.
Billy and I get to McGoverns at 9:30am. The first bloody was gone by 10:00am. We ran into a few friends down at McGoverns. So we got a few buckets prior to heading to XCEL. Billy and I left towards the Xcel, we didn't make it in the first try. We had to stop into Eagle Street for a few 16oz. PBR's. Finally about 6-7 beers into the day, we make our way into the Xcel. We watch the remainder of the first game, and first two periods of the second game. We ran into a couple of guys we usually eat dinner with, and told them we'd meet them at Shamrocks for dinner in between the games. This is where it gets interesting.
Planning on going to Shamrocks for dinner, we stopped into McGoverns to meet up with friends for a couple of beers. A couple of beers turned into numerous buckets. We never made it Shamrocks needless to say. We were hanging out with a couple of friends having a good time. They left for the games and we got another bucket for the two of us. My next certain memory is waking up this morning. Talking to a few people I have some recollection of certain points.
There was the time at McGoverns when Billy and I were sitting there, and I went to take a piss, and ended up at Eagle Street. Billy forgot his cell phone, so he had no idea where I was. We were split up for over an hour. How do you lose each other, when there is only two of you. I called Bobby and told him I was lost. Billy had to borrow a ladies phone to call me, and then proceeded to drop the phone. When I was talking to him, I told him I couldn't hear him, but wouldn't go to a spot I could hear him. He then finds me at Eagle Street and I act as if he had been there the entire time. So in a nutshell I went to the bathroom at McGoverns and ended up at Eagle Street by myself.
There was the waitress I hired as a cart girl.
There was the group of Andover coaches I ran into. I wonder if I'll be announcing for them next year?
There was the time I dropped my phone, and left it at that. I acted as though it went down a well or something. Even though it was just laying next to my feet. Billy had to convince me to pick it up. I was ready to just leave it there. I also lost the back of my phone, so now my battery falls out?
There was the $200 that Billy spent.
There was the fact that I was unaware the Edina lost.
There was a manager from another softball team in our league that was talking shit. I called Stueve to inform him of this. I told him the story, and forgot that I had told him, and then told him the exact same 7 minute story again.
There was the lady from Moorhead I conversated with. I was so interested in the city of Moorhead. And here brother hated Billy and I.
There was the time that we tried go over to Blake's house but didn't make it past Mickey's Diner.
In Mickey's diner I asked the lady behind the counter if she was Charlie Conway's mom. And then I asked her about another three dozen times.
There was the time I called my pregnant wife at 1:30am to pick us up. She then had to call her pregnant sister to come with her so I could get my vehicle home.
There was the fact that I didn't know how to get out of the vehicle.
So basically I was a complete wreck. I think we stimulated the economy with the money we spent. I think we annoyed dozens if not hundreds of people. I had to be supporting at least a .30. I probably knocked at least a week off of my life. I called the hospital and put my name on the liver list. I don't need one know, but I will. I would say it was interesting day to say the least. I'm not gonna lie, my wife's pretty mad at me. It was perhaps the drunkest I've ever been. 15 1/2 hours of straight drinking (I ate 1 sandwich all day), with periodic breaks.
And I'm going back in a couple of hours.

As far as the tourny goes. Pretty big upsets in the last 2 games. It looked like Edina thought they were going to breeze through that one, damn cake eaters. I should have talked to Charlie Conways' mom about it. Blaine and Eden Prairie tonight will be a great game. Blaine might just win this thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's all true...I can vouch for the softball story that I had to listen to against my will not once but twice while Tim was screaming to be heard over the crowded bar!

I love Hockey!