Thursday, July 31, 2008

Manny and Brett

Brett Favre
He was offered 20 Million dollars today to stay retired. And he turned it down. What is this guy's deal. I have a sneeky feeling that he'll end up playing quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings. I don't know how I'd feel about it if it happened. It's similar to Adam Banks going from the hated Hawks to the overachieving Ducks. (Here is a link to a Adam Banks Fan Club I found http://yzak.nu/fan/banks/index.php.) Brett Favre is the guy who plays you in something and then won't quit until he wins. I admire that side of him, but just the fact that he was a cheesehead really turns me off. So stay tuned to see where this goes.

Manny Ramirez
I love Manny Ramirez. In some ways he and Brett Favre are very similar. They both are one of the best to ever play their sport. They both have had their own personal failures along the way. But they both find a way to connect to the everyday fan. You either love Manny or you hate him. But I do not understand how anyone can hate a guy that doesn't take a game too seriously. And at the same time all the while not taking it too seriously he's become one of the best hitters in the history of the game. Manny has done in it all in a way that some don't agree with. I personally love the way he goes about his business. And the thing is nobody does anything about it because the guy has averaged 40 HR, 132 RBI's and a 312 Avg. throughout his career. Along with 24HR and 64 RBI in the post season. He is now playing for his third team, the dodgers. So he has another fan base to root for him, and hopefully this time the front office will appreciate this future hall of famer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to lie. I would love to see Favre run out of the tunnel wearing purple on opening Monday night in Green Bay; the night GB was supposed to retire his number. After that, I could care less whether or not he plays.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see Favre as a Queen!