Monday, December 7, 2009

5 W's

WHO - Who was that team that played the Cardinals last night on Sunday night football. That wasn't the 2009 Minnesota Vikings. That team got dominated in every aspect of the game. And what's the deal with Adrian Peterson. Is this a little slump, or is there a bigger issue. I don't want to over react to one game. So I'll wait until after the Bengals game this week to get to worked up. I'm calling it the "Debauchery in the Desert."

WHAT - What was Texas doing at the end of the game the other day? I mean that was literally the worst clock management I've ever seen. For those of you who haven't seen it, Texas runs a play and the clock is running with 28 seconds to go, and then with like 6 seconds left needing only a field goal to win, they run another play, and runs the time out by passing the ball out of bounds, and loses the game, but after review the officials put 1 second back on the clock, and Texas kicks a game winning field goal. TEXAS HAD A TIMEOUT!!!!!

WHERE - Where will Tim Tebow be drafted now that his NCAA career is almost over? I have heard everything from a 2nd rounder to 5th rounder. I think anything 3rd round and after is a crapshoot anyway. So why not take a chance on this guy. He is a proven leader, playmaker, and most of all winner. So I don't care if he's a tight end, fullback, or h-back, I would like to see him in purple. This guy is special, and I think you immediately make your team better by having him on it. It just adds another dimension as to what you can do with your offense.

WHEN - When are the Twins going to sign Joe Mauer. The longer this goes on, the longer I think it might not happen. I think the Twins should just do it, and get it over with. The problem is they can't afford him financially and want to stay competitive, but they can't afford it public relations wise, if they finally get this stadium, and the first big free agent they let go, is the hometown here. So just give him a check, let him write the number in that he wants, because you have to do it. Knowing the Twins though, I bet they're waiting for something like Twinsfest to do it, just to create more publicity.

WHY - Why can't we get a better system in college football? You could have 3 teams finish the season undefeated? Granted the National championship is an ideal matchup, but what about the other teams. What about Cincy, thay play in one of the big conferences, the Big East. What if they beat Florida and finsh undefeated? They can't be national champions. So obvisously this system is broken. Now with all of that being said, we're not going to change the system, so why doesn't Boise St. make the toughest non-conference schedule in the country? Sort of what Memphis does in college basketball. I know they played Oregon, but that was the only ranked team they played all year. So I don't feel too bad for these smaller schools that do have the cream puff schedules.

No comments: