Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving and Fantasy Football

I am a huge fantasy sports guy. But I got to talking the other day, and begin to think about the players in the actual leagues who play fantasy football, and how do they approach it? For instance let's say Matt Forte plays fantasy football, and he of course drafted himself. But he also has Ray Rice and Ryan Grant on his team. So who does he start this week? Ray Rice is a must start, and Ryan Grant is playing the Lions while Forte and the Bears take on the Viki9ngs. Does Forte sit himself? I mean he definitely should. But how do the players do it?

Also since Thanksgiving is right around the corner I wanted to express my gratitude and say thanks for a few things. I'd love for you to also share what you're thankful for.
I am thankful that the Twins took Joe Mauer instead of Mark Prior in the 2001 MLB draft.
I am thankful that Brett Favre decided to unretire and play for the Minnesota Vikings.
I am thankful that the Minnesota Wild are terrible and made the decision to not renew the season tickets so easy.
I am thankful that a team like the Browns and a few others passed on Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

isnt it considered gambling, and not allowed for nfl players to play fantasy?

kuhn said...

I am thankful for Percy Harvin, Sunday afternoon football at AHS, a 2009 sweep of the hated Packers (with Favre rubbing salt in Thompson's/McCarthy's wounds), AP, and four day weekends.