Monday, October 26, 2009

What's going on?

The first thing I want you to do is click on the title of this blog. Now after reading this what do you think? If you agree with the decision, then go to the highest floor of the building that you're reading this in, and jump out. This was a football game, being announced by football guys. One of them made a funny comment about what Juan Pablo Montaya might be doing. Who the hell cares. I mean find me a group of guys that don't watch a sporting event and tell tasteless, and discriminating jokes. Who are the people that are offended by these things. Really, where are they? I'm serious, I know a lot of guys and none of them would find this the least bit offensive. You're talking about a Mexican guy, and commented that he might be eating a Mexican meal. What if he was actually eating a taco?
Here is a crazy idea. What if the people that are offended by these comments just don't tune in. Something tells me that the people that did complain weren't a group of Mexican men. Is it just ESPN afraid of losing sponsors? I just don't get it. First of all if I did hear something offensive on TV, who the hell knows who to call. Let's say I'm offended that someone on VH1 said something that offended a overweight red headed white guy. Do I call 411 and ask for VH1? I mean you have to be pretty offended to take the time to research the company just to find out how to contact them.
Last week some people were upset that Jeff Fisher, the coach of the Tennessee Titans was wearing a Colts jersey at a charity benefit. I mean I love sports as much as anybody, but if Brad Childress was wearing a Packers jersey I wouldn't lose any sleep, let alone take the time or to show my displeasure with him.
We've become so politically correct that we're beginning to eliminate humor. Have you ever heard a group of old guys talk. All they do is insult the different cultures. I just don't get why there are so many whiny bitches out there. Where does this start. Is it the parents? Is it the schools? I'm about to bring a child into this world, and I hope that he doesn't become one of them. How do I protect him from this. I don't want him to become a racist bigot. But I want him to have a set. I don't want him to come crying to mommy every time someone takes a couple of jabs at him.
We need someone to stand up to these people. Jeff Fisher tried to. He said, he would do it again if he had the chance. I'm just so sick of these whiny bitches suing, and crying every time some person gets made fun of. What would happen if Paul Revere rode into Boston now, and claimed "The Redcoats are coming, the Redcoats are coming." Would the British show up, and start whining about the racist redcoats remark?
I know I've ventured far from my point, but it's just getting old. There was nothing inappropriate about this comment. I don't care what Bob Griese says, he doesn't think it's wrong. I am certain that the people of ESPN don't think it's inappropriate. So let's find this people who are offended by these comments, and Halloween costumes. Let's give them the H1N1, and thin the heard a little bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obama and his followers like Kittleson.....that's who.