Thursday, September 9, 2010

Let's get it started

Finally. This has been a long time coming. It's been a long time since we outplayed the Saints, and gave them the ticket to the Super Bowl. Since that time Brett Favre retired and unretired, LT turned us down, the Timberwolves and Wild each missed the playoffs. Well now it's time for us to pay the Saints back.
This is going to be tough game. The Super Bowl winners are 9-1 since the NFL started playing these Thursday opening games. It's going to be a tough environment with a huge home field advantage. But it was last time too. And that wasn't why we lost the last game there.
There are a lot of reasons we won't win this game. But I think there are two reasons we do.
Number one being our defense. Yes our secondary is weak at the moment, but I think our defensive line and linebackers make up for that. I think they'll cause chaos all night.
Number two is Adrian Peterson. I think he's the type of person who doesn't like being questioned. I think he takes pride in his craft, and doesn't like being recognized as the second best running back in the NFL. So I think he'll take it upon himself to have a monster year. And more importantly hang onto the ball.
I'm obviously extremely biased, but I think the teams are very similar to last years teams, I think the environment will be the same. So I think the Vikings hang onto the ball, and win the game 27 - 17.

No comments: