Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sex Addict

So Tiger Woods is a sex addict. My question for you is who isn't? Is there such thing as sex addiction? Probably, but I'm assuming that is a problem a lot of us would like to have. I've heard of drug addicts, alcoholics, and people addicted to smoking. But from afar it didn't seem like Tiger was out of control like many of the people suffering from those types of problems.
Now I'm not a doctor, so it's not like I'm an expert on these types of things. But it sure seems like Tiger was in control of his so called addiction. He seemed to function all right in his work place. He had enough drive and focus to put together a decent golf career thus far. He seemed to handle his financials and business dealings all right. So I struggle with the term addiction for Tiger. Can't we call it like it was? Tiger got busted cheating on his wife, and this was a excuse/reason for it. Does Elin believe it? Every kid that gets busted drinking, always tells their parents that it was their first time. I hope no one believes that, and I hope no one believes this sex addiction farce.
All right let's look more at "sex addiction." I'm sure they're people out there that actually have an addiction and can't function in society. They can't get through the every day routine without a romp or two. But let's define sex addiction like Tiger defines it. Wouldn't everyone be a sex addict then? Every 13-18 year old kid would want to grow up to be a sex addict. I tried being a sex addict, I was just too ugly. I think most people worked on being a sex addict, but lacked the looks, or the money, and then in turn lacked the partners. If Tiger is a sex addict, what is Wilt Chamberlain who is rumored to have slept with more than 10,000 women? What about rock stars, like Tommy Lee or other 80's hair band rockers.
So while Tiger may be an actual sex addict, I think the term "sex addiction" might get thrown around a little too often. I think a sleazebag cheater is more appropriate. So Tiger shouldn't ruin the good name of sex addiction because I think we are all aspiring sex addicts.

1 comment:

kuhn said...

I agree Tim. I think there is a fine line between "passion" and "addiction." If it is good for you it’s a passion. If it’s bad for you, it’s an addiction.

No one says that they’re addicted to reading, or addicted to eating healthy, or addicted to helping the poor.

So I guess when it comes to sex, it’s all about your perspective. Maybe Tiger is just passionate about sex (albeit with many different women)? And he is addicted to winning golf majors.