Friday, November 21, 2008

Economy

Now I don't know or understand a lot about the economy. But I've been hearing bits and pieces of stuff about the economy, and also being observant, and knowledgeable as to what's going on in our world. But I really don't understand the idea behind bailout's. Is that our best solution for our entire population. Maybe it is, and if that's the case then someone needs to explain it me. But the way I see it is it's the corporate big wigs who have created these problems. It then trickles down and effect us, the ordinary people.
So we bailout the housing market. This is a problem created by over zealous builders, and banks that worked outside of their means. So why do we bail them out.
So we are thinking about bailing out the automobile market because of the overspending and enormous amounts of debts that they have accrued.
Why do these industry big wigs have such control over the way our country works. Why don't we hold these people accountable. If bailouts are our best option, which it might be. Then I don't want one person who was part of the problem to be there anymore. Nobody in the banking industry, the automobile industry, or the housing industry who had any part of the problem should have their jobs anymore. Instead it's the blue collar workers who lose their jobs. How does this make sense. So Fred the Framer is doing what his company asked him to do, and build houses, well due to bad decision the housing market crashed. Now Fred the Framer is out of work, and ready to accept any $10/hour job out there just to try and make ends meet. But Owen the Owner, Cecil the CEO, or Barry the Banker are starting to struggle too, and we're going to be bailed out. Obviously it's do to the poor decisions that the big wigs made that everyone is struggling. So why is Fred going to be the one who continues to struggle.
Why is is that accountability only goes so high. If I can't pay my bills due to poor planning, and budgeting, is someone going to bail me out? Absolutely not.
So I want each and every greedy big wig to have the same problems as the people who their poor decisions effected. Until that is fixed you can bailout these morons all you want. Look our country did that exact thing. I don't know if the Democrats can fix the problem or not. But we do know that the republicans can't. I'm assuming they'll have to work together to make any waves.
I just want people to be held accountable. Hey cut these CEO's salary. Do they need to make 10 Million a year. Would 5 million cover their cost of living?
Don't get me wrong I'm all for capitalism. It's the American dream. And for those out there that have weathered the stormy economy, and thrived, congratulations you deserve everything you've achieved. But for those of you who have had their hand in the economic failures, then you've had your chance and you failed. They shouldn't be around for the bailouts. They should be down here with us.

No comments: